Monday 22 March 2010

Evaluation


1. In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media texts?

The teaser trailer that I created used a lot of different conventions similar to different horror trailers like the Seed of Chucky, Freddy Vs Jason and also used transition in the horror House of Fears.  
The use of some darkness mise-en-scene, the use of knife, red font representing blood.
I also had the distributing companies logo and my production companies logo at the beginning of the trailer just like the real media texts.
The characters i also used an innocent victim and a vicious stalker as the antagonist like typical horror films/trailers. 
Also during my research i discovered that most real media text in this case horror teaser trailers start with a low pace then in builds up as the trailer goes on creating tension. This is a convention i used in my trailer to make it have that realism.
the use of different shots and scenes was another challenging form i had to face in the creation of my teaser trailer. this is because real horror teaser trailer already have a film to cut the clips from unlike mine had to be created without a film therefore i had to create a short film in order to have similar effect as a real teaser trailer (a story line).

2. How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary task?

My main product and ancillary all have kind of similar creation. this is because they are all dark in terms of presentation giving it the horror feeling and they. they all impress the audience and attract them in similar manner.
Below are the combinations of the main product and ancillary task:
  • The creation of my films title was similar to on all three promotional pieces (trailer, magazine and poster.
  

  • The colour is also the same on all pieces on the work both on main product and ancillary task.
  • On the magazine front cover (ancillary) and the main product/teaser trailer both feature the actress and the killer.

3. What have you learned from your audience feedback?

From my audience I leant different things that I used and could have used in the production of my teaser trailer. These things included the voice over, high and low angle shots, fast pace music etc. this was through the use of questionnaire and normal conversation about what people like in horror trailers.
The voice over was to guide the audience through the teaser trailer accompanied by some sound effects and non diegetic sound.
I also leant that the audience like shot fast trailers that go straight to the point so that they can understand what the film is about and also so that they do not get bored.
In addition I also got that the audience like to have horror teaser trailers with spooky scenes, violent and a bit scary just like typical horror teaser trailers.

Above is the audience questionnaire research results on whether they like my trailer, magazine and poster. the results show that they did like them as there is more good that bad.

4. How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

In the production of my trailer, poster and magazine cover as well as my research I used numerous media technologies like the internet, final cut pro, Macromedia Fireworks 8 and livetype. I also used technology in terms of gadgets like the cam coder I used for the recording of the film, the equipment accompanying the camera like the tripod, the video cassette from Maxell.
The internet was for the use of research and the blog. The blog (http://mediastudieshorrortrailer.blogspot.com) was to upload all my research, planning, and production of my whole advanced portfolio work. I also used the internet for my research on different horror teaser trailers, posters and magazine covers.

Below is an image that shows how I was using technology in the construction of my poster. This is macromedia Fireworks 8. i used Macromedia Fireworks was used to create the poster and magazine front cover.
 
Above is an example of final cut pro that i used to edit my whole teaser trailer.
Above is an example of the livetype that i used to create narrative works and my production company's logo.

Above is an example of the camera that i used to film as part of my technology.

Above is an example of the tripod i used as part of my technology during my filming to support the movement of the camera.

INTERNET

Above is the blogger website that  i used for the uploading of my advanced production work.


Above is the logo of YouTube, the website that i used for my research and uploading my teaser trailer.


No comments:

Post a Comment