Monday 22 March 2010

Organisation

Mise-en-scene

The Mise-en-scene refers to everything the audience view in the film or my case trailer. It is everything that the camera records and also included in the editing. This includes things such as location, props, actors, the positioning of characters; costumes and lighting and the time (daylight or nighttime).
I have drawn a storyboard which will roughly be showing my trailers mise-en-scene. My trailer will be a horror therefore I considered the presentation of the location, costumes and also how the actors will be portrayed and props. The location I chose to give the good mise-en-scene that I want in my trailer. This is likely to be a typical horror film location like the Haunted House which will make the suspense easier to build. The location is also good because the whole filming was at one location my house and so it saved me traveling and time.

Props:
• Knife
• Bed
• Door
• kitchen work surface
• Plates
Location and costume:

For the filming location I used my house. This was because I know the location very well so creating the shots was easier and also I reduced the hassle of looking for locations like after peoples house that might have changed their mind in the last minute which would ruin my filming schedule. As soon as knew I was going to use my own house the pictures of how the film was going to be like was easier to generate without having to go look at the other locations that I do not really know about and this saved me good time.
Location
The main locations were Elisheba’s bedroom, our conservatory, the backyard, study room, and the kitchen. Having different locations made the trailer and filming more interesting because this broadened the creativity and the storyline would be more interesting than just watching scenes with the same location through out the whole trailer. I would call this versatile filming location.
Costumes

Costumes where an important part of the trailer Mise-on scene Elisheba wore normal items of clothing to make the trailer realistic and authentic, she did however have messy hair just to add to the ideology of the trailer and represent the craziness of the trailer and also to show that she might have been fighting or struggling in some physical manner like typical horror films.

Lighting:
The lighting was generally partly natural lighting as I did the most of the filming in the house, so I took advantage of the light provided by the home lighting. However for the dark scenes I had to use night vision recording provided by the camera. This was because I did not have any lighting to use, so this was the best way I could create easy visibility of the props and characters. When I was outside the lighting played in our favour and didn't ruin or disrupt any shots. When filming inside scenes, I had to manage excess lighting that was not necessary like television light to obtain some darkness and eerie shots just by simply turning the lights off and drawing curtains to cut of the lighting from outside the house e.g. street lighting.
Actors:

Elisheba was my main actress in the whole of the trailer and I was acting as the killer the antagonist. We both had a balanced appearance in the trailer. This was to show that this was about mainly the killer and the victim. By having the trailer just all of Elisheba and me(Daniel) it adds to the isolation I wanted to portray and also plays along with the ambiguous message of the plot. Having few people acting also made it easier to direct the movie and also to get the trailer to point without confusing people by having a lot of characters which will jeopardise the storyline of what the film is about.

No comments:

Post a Comment